Gluten Free Crackers
1/4 cup chickpea/gram flour
Things You’ll Need
Plastic storage bags
1. Combine and stir all ingredients except the sesame oil and water in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the sesame oil. Stir until it is well blended. Slowly add the water, stirring frequently to evenly distribute it. The dough that develops should be moist enough to form a large ball and firm enough to be rolled with a rolling pin.
3. Gently knead the dough until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Place the dough in a plastic storage bag and set it aside for 10 minutes. Set the oven to 180 C.
4. Flour the surface that you will roll the dough on. Separate half the dough and dust the top of it with a light layer of gluten-free flour. Roll the dough until it is 1/4-inch thick. Cut the dough into small squares, usually about 1 inch by 1 inch (but can be larger if you wish).
5. Arrange the squares on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough. Use a toothpick to pierce 4 holes in each square. The holes will help the dough lie flat and not curl at the corners. Bake for 15 minutes. If the dough is not completely cooked, bake another 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, the dough will become a crispy cracker.