I've made this twice now and it's just the best.
Pointer - use an electric whisk for the whisking part as it can take quite a while to get the right thickness of the cream by hand *smirk*
1 pack of Tesco Gluten Free Shortbread http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Biscuits/Tesco_Free_From_Shortbread_200g.html (or similar 200g of GF biscuits), crushed
40g unsalted butter
35g Margarine Light
Grated zest and juice of 4 limes
1/2 pint double cream (a small Elmlea is a slightly healthier alternative)
1 small can condensed milk
3 tablespoons of caster sugar
1. Melt the butter in a small pan and stir in the crushed biscuits. Lightly press into the base of a loosed-bottomed fluted flan tin.
2. Chill whilst preparing the filling.
3. To prepare the filling: place the lime juice into a large bowl, add the cream, sugar and condensed milk.
4. Whisk until the mixture can form soft peaks. Add the lime zest and lightly stir.
5. Pour into the prepared biscuit base.
6. Decorate with grated lime zest or crystallized lime pieces
7. Place onto a tray and chill for 1-2 hours.